Following a strong response to our social media call for interest, Meremere Dragway are excited to bring you, by popular demand and for the first time ever in New Zealand, the “Track Outlaws” event. This is a new event with a slight twist to traditional drag racing formats.
The racing will be
conducted over the 1/8th mile and will be torch
start and torch finish. No time slips or official drag racing
timing equipment of any variety will be available. Camera’s will be at the
start and finish lines in case of any disputes. All disputes will be reviewed and settled by the Race Master. There will
be minimal track prep.
■ Gates / Race Entry
opens 3pm ■
Entry fee $15 ■
■ Race Entry $50 ($20 from each entry will go into the class prize money pot)
• No qualifying; we will go straight into random pairings, eliminations knock-out racing.
• Winners only go through to next round and will race each other in random pairings until we get to quarterfinals* stage.
• Pairings for quarterfinals* pairings will be drawn out of a hat by the racer and will race until one winner is found.
• From quarterfinals* onwards, a coin toss will determine lane choice.
• From quarterfinals* onwards, any Byes will be determined by hat draw.
• The winner will take prize money from the entries.
• We encourage side bets on the start line between the last 8 cars, so BRING CASH!!
* QUARTERFINALS = when there are only eight, seven, six or five vehicles left in racing (the round before Semifinals)
Non Turbo – WOF Rego, 4/6 cylinders and Rotary’s (no teched cars)
Turbo – WOF Rego, 4/6 cylinders and Rotary’s (no teched cars)
V8’s – WOF Rego (no teched cars)
Teched Street Cars – WOF, REGO, DRAG RACING LICENSE, LOG BOOK / TECH INSPECTION, any engine
Teched Competition Cars – door cars / sedan style only, turn around time to be determined by Race master
- Jump the start (Race Masters’ decision)
- Crossing the centre line
- Not fronting to pit lanes when called, not fronting to startline for hat draw or coin toss and not fronting to start line for racing when called by officials
- Disobeying track officials
NOTE: There will be no qualifying, we will go straight into RACING.
Random pairings till the last 8 cars, then pairings will be determined by drawing names out of a hat and coin toss for lane choice.
Side bets allowed…drivers can bet on themselves.
|Date||Saturday 23rd February 2019|
Meremere Dragway (Drag Way Meremere) (Drag Way Meremere) (Drag Way Meremere)